Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Blog Two: I Forgot About You.


I abandoned this blog for a little while, and have been feeling terrible about it. It's something I really want to do, so I just need to get down to business.
Here is what I've been up to:
  • School. That's going on.
  • I got a job at Hobby Lobby. I know!
  • I went to Forecastle Festival back in July, I might cover that in a later blog.
  • I saw Andrew Jackson Jihad live... sort of. The scene was very, well, scene, so we decided not to stay. But! I hung outside a bit around the band and yes, he's a lovely beardy guy. :3
  • I started an Etsy store! For those 6 of you out there that don't already know, Etsy is the awesome website where hundreds of thousands of crafty folk buy and sell handmade and vintage wares. It's gotten huge over the past few years, and anything you need (scarves, soap, jewelry, laptop bags, halloween costumes, etc.) can be found within its folds. Here's some of my favorite Etsy sellers:

Ruffeo Hearts Lil Snotty creates SUPER clever and hip clothing. With a fresh approach to fit and cut and a playful attitude towards color, this Brooklyn-based group has become a powerhouse within Etsy. Jackets, leggings, dresses, and undies are all a bit pricey, but the whimsy, to me, is totally worth it.

Little Orange Kitchen is full of truly awesome upcycled paper goods. Wallets and checkbook covers and passport cases, all with the most amazing patterns, and it's all upcycled!

JessAlfresco is me! I'm not quite on the same level as those other folk, but I love making things and I hope to gain some success! Cute little button jewelry, t-shirts, paper crafts, I make pretty much anything.

My friend Jessica just started her own shop too, Rocket Steve's. She's a great artist with a good eye for vintage finds, and her designs are super cute, check 'em out!


Okay, let's talk about something fantastic.

If you don't already know, Andrew Bird is the best there is. Srsly. And I have watched this video so many times I think I burned a hole in the internet.

I think that's a pretty good note to end on. Hopefully I'll be back soon. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment